CALL FOR DISCUSSION: CHROMOSOMES...

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Wed Apr 7 08:13:00 EST 1993

I like Rick's idea of including ALL eucaryote chromosome mapping
and sequencing in this news group and would second his suggestion
to call it:  MAPPING AND SEQUENCING OF EUCARYOTE CHROMOSOMES
As the group expands, then separate news groups could be created
for specific eucaryote chromosomes.  I have no problem with expanding
the proposed charter to include any large scale mapping and sequencing
discussions.

Francis also has a a good suggestion, i.e. not to combine the autoseqs
news group with this group.  However, according to the rules and number
of messages needed to keep a group active, we proposed to combine them.
Again, if this gets too active, then we could split off a second group
just devoted to automated sequencing.  For now, I favor keeping them
together, but expanding the scope to include ALL eucaryote mapping and
sequencing work that does not already have their own news group.

Cheers.....bruce