ACEDB Newsgroup

Mon Apr 12 13:45:09 EST 1993

The two latest newsgroup proposals have generated a lot of debate. I
want to emphasize that the decision on what to put out to a vote is
the responsibility of the discussion leaders.  April 15th is not only
the deadline for the U.S. IRS; I will also need to receive the final
copy of the newsgroup charters for and
bionet.genome.chromosomes (and possibly for another group if the
latter group is split).

If the readers do not agree with the charters that are put out to
vote, then they should vote NO.  I remind you all, however, that if
you are not in favor of a proposed arrangement and bring it down to
defeat, then I would suggest that there should be someone who will
replace it with something more constructive.

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at