Human Brain vs. Computer

J B Senturia senturia at bio4.csuohio.edu
Mon Apr 12 20:29:47 EST 1993

In this comparison, think of the concept that each neuron has
inputs from several hundred other neurons.  For each of those
neurons this neuron can receive information and be taken towards
or away from "threshold" (a yes-or-no idea).  Thus the action of
each of these "very large number of neurons" is dictated by the
action of multiple inputs.  While this is massively paralell processing,
the emphasis is on interaction as well as the parallel nature of the
processing.  I hope this simplistic approach is helpful.
Jerome B. Senturia  | Internet: senturia at bio4.csuohio.edu
Dept. of Biology    | uucp:{uunet}!cwjcc!ncoast!csubio!senturia
Cleveland St. Univ. | Voice: (216)687-2411   Fax: (216)687-5443
Cleveland, OH 44115 | "I didn't do it and I won't do it again."