MIPS network unreachable ...

Roy Omond omond at embl-heidelberg.de
Tue Apr 13 10:50:06 EST 1993

Folks,

it appears that MIPS in Martinsried is unreachable by e-mail
(and has been for some time now).  Turns out that the licence
on their network product expired and they are awaiting a licence
renewal.  We've got zillions (well, would you believe hundreds ...)
of mails waiting in our queue for MIPS.  The affected address is

	ehpmic.mips.biochem.mpg.de

PostMasters might like to change the timeout setting for their
mailer configurations to take this into account (I expect MIPS
will return some time this year).

I guess this affects their news feeds also, so I'll post a note
when they return to the world of the living.

Roy Omond
System Manager/PostMaster etc. etc.
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Heidelberg, Germany.