Support for genbank.bio.net address has changed

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at net.bio.net
Tue Apr 13 18:36:57 EST 1993

As of this morning, we have changed the way that the genbank.bio.net address is
supported.  Mail sent to <mailing_list_address>@genbank.bio.net will continue
to be delivered correctly, however, any attempt to TELNET or FTP into the
genbank.bio.net machine will fail.  This change reflects the reality that the
genbank.bio.net machine was removed from service six months ago, and that
we have gotten tired of people still trying to log in as 'genbank' or FTP the
now-missing GenBank databases.

We make no committment as to how long genbank.bio.net will remain a mail
pseudonym for net.bio.net.  If you have any automated scripts that use the
incorrect genbank.bio.net rather than the correct net.bio.net, we suggest that
you make the name change immediately.

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi at net.bio.net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |