RFC: Bionet <=> LISTSERV gateway

S. A. Modena samodena at csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 16 05:30:33 EST 1993

In article <ashok.634.0 at biochemistry.cwru.edu> ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu (Ashok Aiyar) writes:
>In article <1ql7lkINN8e3 at MINERVA.CIS.YALE.EDU> smith-una at yale.edu (Una Smith) writes:
>
>>This is a semi-formal request for comments (RFC).  Below, I have outlined
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Now all we need is the IETF (internet engineering task force) to take the RFC
>over and give it's final form and an RFC number .....:-)
>
>Sorry for interruption folks, I've been spending too much time looking at
>various IETF RFCs this week......
>
>Ashok Aiyar                        Mail: ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu

Ashok!

You missed another opportunity for SNIDE comment when you failed to respond
to this thing on bionet.announce the other day:

>From: scitech at ra.nrl.navy.mil (Michael Duncan)
>Newsgroups: bionet.announce
>Subject: 2nd RFD:  comp.sys.mac.scitech
>Date: 12 Apr 93 20:31:16 GMT
>Sender: kristoff at net.bio.net

>2 n d   R E Q U E S T   F O R   D I S C U S S I O N
>
>This is a the second Request For Discussion (RFD) for the
>creation of a newsgroup for the discussion of issues regarding
>the use of the Macintosh in science and engineering disciplines.
>
>GROUP NAME
>
>comp.sys.mac.scitech
>
>STATUS
>
>unmoderated
>
>CHARTER
>
>comp.sys.mac.scitech (unmoderated) will be a newsgroup....

Weren't you the VERY person who tried to call me down for wasting bandwidth
with INAPPROPRIATE chatter (inappropriate in *your* eyes)  because I responded
to a question in this forum for the CompuServe address of Rush Limbaugh!

Have we identified yet another area of pet peeves?  :^)

Of course, fell free to express your opinion at any time, as I do....

and as Una does, in offering to OPEN discussion her thoughts on promoting
wider dissemination of biological news-and-interest.  :^)

Ciao,

Steve

---