AIDS and Blood Donation

cliff cliff at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 15 16:50:15 EST 1993

I'd like to follow up on my previous questions.  So far the responses I got
are 50-50.  50% of the responses say that when you donate blood you will
absolutely be notified if you are HIV positive.  The other 50% says that
you will absolutely not be notified.  It's an interesting question to
resolve, because many people believe that if they donate blood and
are not contacted, they are HIV negative.  Think of all the lives which
could be lost if 50% of the US is under this impression and it is false.