Do we need FIVE genome newsgroups??

Ola Myklebost olam at
Fri Apr 16 07:30:18 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr13.093900.1 at>, roger at

> 	My own preference is for a single group dealing with the Human
> Genome Project, primarily (but not exclusively) oriented to the
> dissemination and discussion of the data that this program is generating.
> This group would incorporate the low-volume gene-linkage, gdb and
> genome-program groups and the proposed chromosome newsgroup. I guess the
> easiest way to accomplish this would be to redefine the charter of the
> genome-program group and forget all the others.

> 	I suggest a separate group for all other (non-human) genome topics.

I agree, but propose three groups (if they get sufficient support):

Ola Myklebost             Email olam at
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research
The Norwegian Radium Hospital
N-0310 OSLO, Norway
Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21