Science declines to publish BIOSCI letter once again 8-(

Daniel Zabetakis dan at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu
Sun Apr 18 16:31:33 EST 1993

In article <Apr.16.10.39.26.1993.19951 at net.bio.net> kristoff at net.bio.net (Dave Kristofferson) writes:

>The letter that I mailed in was brief, with one paragraph mentioning
>some of the uses of BIOSCI and a second giving our e-mail address to
>contact for further information.  Unfortunately, Science is once again
>going to leave biologists in the dark about BIOSCI.

   I have been meaning to bring up the issue of TIBS. They have started a
regulat column on bio-computing. I have seen two of these (there may have
been a third that I missed). So far they have all managed to avoid mentioning
bionet, even though at least two of the articles (there are multiple articles
per issue) were sort of general overviews of network related issues.
   It seems to me that even those biologists who are computer oriented enough
to publish about it either don't know or don't care about bionet. What can
we do about that?

DanZ