Newsgroup on cancer res or cell biol

Ola Myklebost olam at radium.uio.no
Thu Apr 22 02:29:29 EST 1993

I suggested a while ago that it might be useful to have a newsgroup on
cancer research. Presently I am considering a charter, taking into
consideration emails  from various people.

What I presently miss on bionet is a forum for cell biology, cell function
etc, and I think there is no reason to exclude people or subjects not
related to cancer or cancer research. My impression is that there are not
too many cell biologists or non-molecular-biological cancer researchers on
the net, so the charter should be broad at least to start with.

I am therefore considering whether a title like cell-biol would be more
apropriate and would like to hear what people think.

Ola Myklebost             Email olam at radium.uio.no
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research
The Norwegian Radium Hospital
N-0310 OSLO, Norway
Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21