Newsgroup on cancer res or cell biol

Ola Myklebost olam at
Thu Apr 22 02:29:29 EST 1993

I suggested a while ago that it might be useful to have a newsgroup on
cancer research. Presently I am considering a charter, taking into
consideration emails  from various people.

What I presently miss on bionet is a forum for cell biology, cell function
etc, and I think there is no reason to exclude people or subjects not
related to cancer or cancer research. My impression is that there are not
too many cell biologists or non-molecular-biological cancer researchers on
the net, so the charter should be broad at least to start with.

I am therefore considering whether a title like cell-biol would be more
apropriate and would like to hear what people think.

Ola Myklebost             Email olam at
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research
The Norwegian Radium Hospital
N-0310 OSLO, Norway
Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21