Newsgroup on cancer res or cell biol

forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 24 06:22:50 EST 1993

In article <olam-220493092357 at 129.240.38.55>, olam at radium.uio.no (Ola Myklebost) writes:
> I suggested a while ago that it might be useful to have a newsgroup on
> cancer research. Presently I am considering a charter, taking into
> consideration emails  from various people.
>
> What I presently miss on bionet is a forum for cell biology, cell function
> etc, and I think there is no reason to exclude people or subjects not
> related to cancer or cancer research. My impression is that there are not
> too many cell biologists or non-molecular-biological cancer researchers on
> the net, so the charter should be broad at least to start with.
>
> I am therefore considering whether a title like cell-biol would be more
> apropriate and would like to hear what people think.
>
> Ola Myklebost             Email olam at radium.uio.no
> Dept of Tumor Biology
> Inst for Cancer Research
> The Norwegian Radium Hospital
> N-0310 OSLO, Norway
> Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21

Yes!  I think cell-biol would be highly appropriate and useful to
a large number of people.   Also it recognises the fact that rigid
lines between areas of research are unrealistic;  cell structure
blends into cell cycle blends into cell signalling etc etc.

		susan

S L Forsburg		forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
ICRF Cell Cycle Group
Biochemistry Dept