Help on htgA gene of E.coli ??

Zophonias Oddur Jonsson zjons at rhi.hi.is
Wed Apr 28 17:27:29 EST 1993

Dear Netters!

  I am looking for references or any current information about the htgA
gene of E.coli.
  I have the original description: (Dean & James, J.Gen.Microbiol. (1991) 137 )
but nothing more, and I have not been able to find anything else by
ploughing through the abstract books and C.C.
  It is quite likely that nothing more has been published about this gene but
if someone is better informed I would be grateful to know.

(For those of you who don't know anything about htgA but just read this
out of curiosity:  htgA is a gene associated with the dnaK heat shock
protein and is essential for E.coli at high temperature)

Thakns !

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Department of Genetics
University of Iceland