This is not a test!

Dan Roberts Roberts_D at BMS.COM
Fri Apr 30 07:04:09 EST 1993

In article <nash.106.0 at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca>, nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
(John Nash) wrote:

> G'day netfolk,
>
> <I'm really tempted to cross-post this to all bionet groups, but I'll let
> reason prevail>
>
> As John Cleese would say: "I wish to register a complaint!".  What's with
> the rash of "This is a test." postings on the bionet.* newsgroups.
>
> I don't usually get the opportunity to use a newsreader with subject
> killing, and it's getting to be a pain. (I have thread selection, but that's
> beside the point).  (Please) could all the FAQ writers be so kind as to
> insert a statement that test posting to inappropriate groups (except by
> moderators and the like) are:
>
> - rude and bloody annoying,
> - a real pain to email subscribers,
> - there are newsgroups to do tests in,
>
> and to paraphase rn/trn/Pnews: "cost the net hundreds, if not thousands of
> dollars!".  Well it costs somebody money, anyway!  I know one can say the
> same thing about this posting, but at least I'm trying to stop it continuing.
>
> Thanks for your indulgence in reading my petty outburst!
>

> cheers, John
>
> John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
> Institute for Biological Sciences,  | National Research Council of Canada,
> Cell Physiology Group.              | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
>              *** Disclaimer:  All opinions are mine, not NRC's! ***

Note...If you really want to test your system on USENET...Send a post to
MISC.TEST... You should then get echoes back stating that so and so machine
get your test...This is what MISC.TEST is intended for!!..I use it ANYTIME
that I think that I have a problem.....

Dan Roberts
BRISTOL-MYERS-SQUIBB PHARM. RES. CENTER
Cardio-Vascular Biochem Dept.
PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY U.S.A. PLANET EARTH, MILKY-WAY GALAXY
<<<<INTERNET ADDRESS>>>>Roberts_D at BMS.COM