evolution of genomes

ouzounis at embl-heidelberg.de ouzounis at embl-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 30 08:30:18 EST 1993

Here is a question for the Net:

I am interested to find out whether any serious theoretical advances
towards the origins and organization of genomes have been made, in the
spirit of Britten & Davidson classic (1969) "Gene regulation for higher
cells: a theory" - Science 165, 349-357. I am looking for integrated
works that address the problem of the origins and evolution of genomes,
especially eukaryotic ones. I am not interested in genes-in-pieces type
of things, nor codon usage patterns and nucleotide composition work.
Any pointers would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again,

C A Ouzounis
EMBL
Heidelberg