This is not a test!

John Nash nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Thu Apr 29 18:41:26 EST 1993

G'day netfolk,

<I'm really tempted to cross-post this to all bionet groups, but I'll let
reason prevail>

As John Cleese would say: "I wish to register a complaint!".  What's with
the rash of "This is a test." postings on the bionet.* newsgroups.

I don't usually get the opportunity to use a newsreader with subject
killing, and it's getting to be a pain. (I have thread selection, but that's
beside the point).  (Please) could all the FAQ writers be so kind as to
insert a statement that test posting to inappropriate groups (except by
moderators and the like) are:

- rude and bloody annoying,
- a real pain to email subscribers,
- there are newsgroups to do tests in,

and to paraphase rn/trn/Pnews: "cost the net hundreds, if not thousands of
dollars!".  Well it costs somebody money, anyway!  I know one can say the
same thing about this posting, but at least I'm trying to stop it continuing.

Thanks for your indulgence in reading my petty outburst!

cheers, John

John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
Institute for Biological Sciences,  | National Research Council of Canada,
Cell Physiology Group.              | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.