(none)

"Cliff Pickover ", 914 945-3630 cliff at WATSON.IBM.COM
Mon Aug 2 12:23:37 EST 1993

You are hereby cordially invited to submit a manuscript for a volume
titled "Fractals in the Future" edited by Clifford A. Pickover.  The
book will include speculative, informed essays on the future use of
fractals in biology, art, medicine, simulation, recreation, special
effects, games, society, government, literature, and more.

All contributions will be refereed -- and submission is not a guarantee
of acceptance in the book.  Highest chance of acceptance will be
given to papers with the highest quality of English writing,
illustrations, and content.

If you are interested, please send a tentative title, short abstract of
your proposed chapter, and your name and address (hardcopy and e-mail)
to cliff at watson.ibm.com.  Abstracts are due by September 10th.

Completed papers are due by December, 31 1993.

I am looking for self-contained, comprehensive papers focussing on novel
topics of a broader nature than is usually found in research papers.
The intended audiences are educated laypeople as well as technical
readers.  Papers which invite reader participation by giving
computational recipes are also encouraged.

When I receive your abstract, I will give you more detailed guidelines
as to the format and style you should conform to with your final
submission.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  Recall that
this book is about the future, so that submissions which simply show a
new Julia set, for example, would not be appropriate.  Wherever
possible, contributions should contain high-quality, attractive figures.

Cliff Pickover   cliff at watson.ibm.com