ATCC Data now available by Gopher

parkhillj at parkhillj at
Tue Aug 3 04:26:48 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug2.230229.4751 at>, danj at (Dan Jacobson) writes:
> You can now access data from the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
> via gopher.
> Point your gopher client at and select:
> 12. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM./
>    -->  6.  Culture Collections (ATCC)/
>     -->  1.  ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection/
[.. much info deleted..]
> Happy searching,
> Dan Jacobson
> danj at
> Johns Hopkins University

This is another wonderful addition to an already superb gopher hole.

In about 30 secs work I have managed to find information about two cosmids
I want, (much cheaper than the commercial source) AND print out the order
forms (you can also order online on subsequent purchases). This is what
Gopher is all about.

Thank you, Dan.

Julian Parkhill

E.mail: J.Parkhill at UK.AC.BHAM (JANET)        Department of Cancer Studies,
        J.Parkhill at BHAM.AC.UK (INTERNET)                   Medical School,
                                                 University of Birmingham,
                          Snail mail:                           Edgbaston,
                                                                  B15 2TJ,
                                                                     U. K.

Disclaimer: If I thought anybody gave a damn about my opinions,
            I would probably issue a disclaimer.