ATCC Data now available by Gopher

parkhillj at vms1.bham.ac.uk parkhillj at vms1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 04:26:48 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug2.230229.4751 at newt.welch.jhu.edu>, danj at welchdev.welch.jhu.edu (Dan Jacobson) writes:

> You can now access data from the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
> via gopher.
>
> Point your gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu and select:
>
> 12. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM./
>
>    -->  6.  Culture Collections (ATCC)/
>
>     -->  1.  ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection/

[.. much info deleted..]

> Happy searching,
>
> Dan Jacobson
>
> danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
>
> Johns Hopkins University

This is another wonderful addition to an already superb gopher hole.

In about 30 secs work I have managed to find information about two cosmids
I want, (much cheaper than the commercial source) AND print out the order
forms (you can also order online on subsequent purchases). This is what
Gopher is all about.

Thank you, Dan.
--

Julian Parkhill

E.mail: J.Parkhill at UK.AC.BHAM (JANET)        Department of Cancer Studies,
        J.Parkhill at BHAM.AC.UK (INTERNET)                   Medical School,
                                                 University of Birmingham,
                          Snail mail:                           Edgbaston,
                                                               Birmingham,
                                                                  B15 2TJ,
                                                                     U. K.

Disclaimer: If I thought anybody gave a damn about my opinions,
            I would probably issue a disclaimer.