Visualizing Biological Information (Book)

A. Parsons mbpcr at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 08:34:39 EST 1993

In article <9308191308.AA29512 at net.bio.net> cliff at WATSON.IBM.COM ("Cliff Pickover ", 914 945-3630) writes:

>    Could anyone help me out regarding the accuracy of information
>concerning genetics and electronic data bases?
>

>The GenBank On-Line Service
 This is no longer available since NCBI took over

>Sequence Analysis Software
 There is a whole bunch of of massively parallel programs for established
 parallel h/ware (e.g. Mpsrch and BLAZE for the MasPar)  and new hardware
 emerging (from Compugen and the NCBI) as well as IBM's offering - FLASH.

>Genetics, Evolution, and Biology in Science-Fiction

 See Jurassic Park ;-)!

Tony Parsons (aka parsons_a at snd01.pcr.co.uk)