Ethics in research question

SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Thu Aug 19 18:01:40 EST 1993

John Cleave writes:

> I am now convinced "ethics in research" is an oxymoron. The fittest
> > survive.  If you don't want to swim with the sharks, you should have
> > gone into more friendly business, like perhaps law or ice hockey.
>
> You're right on the money, to which I might add the oxymoron "honest research".
> The "victims" are so often as selfish as the exploiters, which is good news
> for lawyers....
>
> John Cleave
> A Little Minnow

I find it rather sad that some people have such a cynical attitude to
science. Perhaps thats part of the cause of the decline in
collegiality and ethics in science?

Stephen A. Pluhar
SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA           Dept. Crop Science  U. of Guelph
Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 4865      Guelph, Ontario, Canada. N1G 2W1