guide to biotechnology companies???

Bill O'Reitz ewok at access.digex.net
Fri Aug 20 12:52:21 EST 1993

Can anyone tell me how to get a comprehensive guide to biotechnology
companies, research centers, etc?

What I'm looking for is the type of guide that might be used by:
   scientists, for the purpose of selecting which product to buy;
   financial types, for determining which companies to invest in;
   job seekers, for identifying a match between their skills and the
      needs of employers.

It would be especially useful to see such a guide organized in any
of several ways:
   by product type
   by end user type
   by size and financial standing
   by geographic location

In particular, I'm most interested in companies that use light or
imaging to perform basic, diagnostic, or therapeutic studies, or
that develop products in these areas.

If there are online databases of this type of information, can you
tell me about these as well?

Thanks...

Bill O'Reitz