mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA

Dan Jacobson danj at welchdev.welch.jhu.edu
Fri Aug 20 12:09:16 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug19.143140.10396 at bradford.ac.uk> E.L.Lewis at bradford.ac.uk (EL LEWIS) writes:

>I am a post-graduate (MA) student at the University of Bradford, Bradford.
>U.K. I am undertaking a dissertation study into the extraction and
>amplification of mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA from archaeological bone.
>I was wondering;
>1. If anyone has any IS6110 available,
>2. If they could let me have some, or
>3. If anyone knows the sequence of IS6110 so that I can get it made locally.
>
>Look forward to any answers
>
>Ed Lewis
>Department of Archaeological Sciences
>University of Bradford
>Bradford
>U.K.

A little gopher search finds the following.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

LOCUS       MTIS6110     1360 bp    DNA             BCT       02-MAR-1993
DEFINITION  Mycobacterium tuberculosis IS6110 IS-like element
ACCESSION   X17348 M29899
KEYWORDS    insertion element IS6110; transposon.
SOURCE      Mycobacterium tuberculosis
  ORGANISM  Mycobacterium tuberculosis
            Prokaryota; Bacteria; Firmicutes; Irregular asporogenous rods;
            Actinomycetes and related organisms; Mycobacteriaceae;
            Mycobacterium.
REFERENCE   1  (bases 1 to 1360)
  AUTHORS   Thierry,D.
  TITLE     Direct Submission
  JOURNAL   Submitted (15-NOV-1989) to the EMBL Data Library.
  STANDARD  full automatic
REFERENCE   2  (bases 1 to 1360)
  AUTHORS   Thierry,D., Cave,M.D., Eisenach,K.D., Crawford,J.T., Bates,J.H.,
            Gicquel,B. and Guesdon,J.L.
  TITLE     IS6110 an IS-like element of Mycobacterium tuberculosis-50 comp
lex
  JOURNAL   Nucleic Acids Res. 18, 188-188 (1990)
  STANDARD  full automatic
REFERENCE   3  (bases 1 to 1360)
  AUTHORS   Chandler,M. and Fayet,O.
  TITLE     Translational frameshifting in the control of transposition in
            bacteria
  JOURNAL   Mol. Microbiol. 7, 497-503 (1993)
  STANDARD  full automatic
COMMENT     *source: strain=H37RV;
            *source: clone_library=cosmid pHC79.;

            IS6110 seq shows homologies to E. coli IS3411 seq.
FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers
     repeat_region   1..3
                     /note="direct repeat, target site"
     insertion_seq   4..1357
                     /note="IS6110 element"
     repeat_unit     4..31
                     /note="inverted repeat"
     repeat_unit     1330..1357
                     /note="inverted repeat"
     repeat_region   1358..1360
                     /note="direct repeat, target site"
BASE COUNT      269 a    439 c    432 g    220 t
ORIGIN
        1 cgatgaaccg ccccggcatg tccggagact ccagttcttg gaaaggatgg ggtcatgtca
       61 ggtggttcat cgaggaggta cccgccggag ctgcgtgagc gggcggtgcg gatggtcgca
      121 gagatccgcg gtcagcacga ttcggagtgg gcagcgatca gtgaggtcgc ccgtctactt
      181 ggtgttggct gcgcggagac ggtgcgtaag tgggtgcgcc aggcgcaggt cgatgccggc
      241 gcacggcccg ggaccacgac cgaagaatcc gctgagctga agcgcttagc ggcgggacaa
      301 cgccgaattg cgaagggcga acgcgatttt aaagaccgcg tcggctttct tcgcggccga
      361 gctcgaccgg ccagcacgct aattaacggt tcatcgccga tcatcagggc caccgcgagg
      421 gccccgatgg tttgcggtgg ggtgtcgagt cgatctgcac acagctgacc gagctgggtg
      481 tgccgatcgc cccatcgacc tactacgacc acatcaaccg ggagcccagc cgccgcgagc
      541 tgcgcgatgg cgaactcaag gagcacatca gccgcgtcca cgccgccaac tacggtgttt
      601 acggtgcccg caaagtgtgg ctaaccctga accgtgaggg catcgaggtg gccagatgca
      661 ccgtcgaacg gctgatgacc aaactcggcc tgtccgggac cacccgcggc aaagcccgca
      721 ggaccacgat cgctgatccg gccacagccc gtcccgccga tctcgtccag cgccgcttcg
      781 gaccaccagc acctaaccgg ctgtgggtag cagacctcac ctatgtgtcg acctgggcag
      841 ggttcgccta cgtggccttt gtcaccgacg cctacgtcgc aggatcctgg gctggcgggt
      901 cgcttccacg atggccacct ccatggtcct cgacgcgatc gagcaagcca tctggacccg
      961 ccaacaagaa ggcgtactcg acctgaaaga cgttatccac catacggata ggggatctca
     1021 gtacacatcg atccggttca gcgagcggct cgccgaggca ggcatccaac cgtcggtcgg
     1081 agcggtcgga agctcctatg acaatgcact agccgagacg atcaacggcc tatacaagac
     1141 cgagctgatc aaacccggca agccctggcg gtccatcgag gatgtcgagt tggccaccgc
     1201 gcgctgggtc gactggttca accatcgccg cctctaccag tactgcggcg acgtcccgcc
     1261 ggtcgaactc gaggctgcct actacgctca acgccagaga ccagccgccg gctgaggtct
     1321 cagatcagag agtctccgga ctcaccgggg cggttcacga
//

The search also turns up the IS6110 insertion site which you can retrieve
if you'd like.  If you've never heard of gopher just write me a note and
I'll send you some information to help get you started.