Chinese food syndrom

J.C. Riveros Salcedo jc at apeco.pe
Fri Aug 13 12:51:17 EST 1993

In previous postings [Re: Effect of Nutrasweet on health] several
references were made to the Chinese Food Syndrom. It has been related
to high contents of monosodium glutamate (MSG) of the food additives.
Please let me know how the Chinese (and other Assian people) have
managed the chronical exposure to MSG in their diets?
It was MSG (or another similar substance) a natural and regular part of the
diet of ancient Assian cultures? It could explain a certain degree of
habituation?
Nowadays, several millions of people lunch in fast food restaurants, rich MSG
environments. Do we have enough reasons to expect a increased rate of mental
disorders in the children of these populations?
Thanks for your time.

J.C. Riveros Salcedo          jc at apeco.pe
P.O. Box 11-0730, Lima-11, Peru
Fax +(51 14) 633048
             "There are no problems in the Nature, only solutions"  P.E.