NMR simulation and education software

Matthias Niemitz niemitz at mesaani.uku.fi
Tue Aug 17 03:47:20 EST 1993

Esa Haapaniemi wrote:
> I have used the Perch commercial for years, and I take it really usable.

> Just last week they announced a demoversion (only 8 spins) that is

> available from nic.funet.fi, don't remember the path though...

You find PERCH.ZIP on nic.funet.fi in /pub/sci/chem/nmr/

Robert Schurko wrote:
> I don't think PERCH is quite what you're looking for.  This is more
> of a research tool than an educational bit of software...

Although PERCH originally was designed for research purposes, it's suitable
for an educational NMR courses as well. PERCH has got a new user interface
running under MS-Windows now. This helps especially the beginner to find
his way into PERCH and it's very easy to make simulations up to 10 spins.

Matthias