Crohn's disease .. METHOTREXATE .. Help!

Harry Skinner skinnerh at govonca.gov.on.ca
Thu Aug 26 14:53:03 EST 1993

Hi there:

I'm not sure if this is the news group to post to or not but I need
help. My brother has had a severe case of Crohn's Disease for the
last 6-7 years with no improvement in health.
His current physcian wants to place him on a drug called METHOTREXATE.
Apparently, the side effects of this drug can be fatal. Does anyone
out there no anything about this drug, and if so should a Crohns
patient be taking it?

Here's some information on my brother:
        age:     21
	weight:  85 - 90 lbs
	surgery: entire large bowel plus 12" of small bowel removed
                 during Fall/91 - now wears pouch on side.
	Prev. Medications: many ( if needed I can get)
	Current Condition: last 8" of bowel inflamed, occasional
	                   bleeding.

Thanks in Advance ...