comment/question on proposed evolutionary bio. discussion group

Jim Loats loats1 at husc9.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 7 13:41:14 EST 1993

SCHLOSSER at ciit.org writes:
>In <9312040048.AA11291 at net.bio.net>, robin at cco.caltech.edu (Robert C. Colgrove)
>writes:
>> just wanted to encourage folks to vote for the creation (pardon the
>> expression) of sci.bio.evolution, a proposed moderated group for
>> general discussion of biological evolution free from the creationist
>> flames that make talk.origins uninhabitable for most interested parties.

> [snip]
[more snip]

>As an "interested bystander" I hope that you are succesful.
>My question is: How will you keep the creationists out?
>(Is there a mechanism for excluding "contributors" to specific groups?)

>Paul
>schlosser at beta.ciit.org

As I understand the charter, s.b.e will be a moderated group, and the
moderator will have the power to reject or re-direct (to talk.origins,
most likely) any creationist postings.

--jim
--
Jim Loats                   * "I pass the test.  I shall diminish,
loats1 at husc.harvard.edu     *  and go into the West, and remain