email address for united nations?

Rob Harper harper at
Wed Dec 8 06:11:25 EST 1993

In <H.Kamperman.112.2D05707C at> H.Kamperman at (Harold Kamperman) writes:

>Hi  bionet readers,

>I am after an email address for the United Nations Food and Agricultural
>Organization.   Alternatively a more general initial email contact would help.

Try the following gopher hole.

Name=Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)

It has the following text files.

    Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)

      1.  Applications Software.
      2.  Databases.
      3.  Information Services.
  --> 4.  Liaison, Regional & Country Offices.
      5.  Member Countries.
      6.  Member Missions.
      7.  Organizational Descriptions.
      8.  Sales Offices.

Option 4 will give you a long list of member countries, their addresses
fax and phone numbers. About 28K of information.

Happy hunting

 R. Andrew Harper                  E-mail:          harper at
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302