email address for united nations?

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Wed Dec 8 06:11:25 EST 1993

In <H.Kamperman.112.2D05707C at bioch.utas.edu.au> H.Kamperman at bioch.utas.edu.au (Harold Kamperman) writes:

>Hi  bionet readers,

>I am after an email address for the United Nations Food and Agricultural
>Organization.   Alternatively a more general initial email contact would help.

Try the following gopher hole.

Type=1
Name=Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Path=1/unearth/organizations/fao
Host=nywork1.undp.org
Port=70

It has the following text files.

    Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)

      1.  Applications Software.
      2.  Databases.
      3.  Information Services.
  --> 4.  Liaison, Regional & Country Offices.
      5.  Member Countries.
      6.  Member Missions.
      7.  Organizational Descriptions.
      8.  Sales Offices.

Option 4 will give you a long list of member countries, their addresses
fax and phone numbers. About 28K of information.

Happy hunting

-=ROB=-

 R. Andrew Harper                  E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302