Molten Globule

Evan W. Steeg steeg at
Sun Dec 12 22:18:25 EST 1993

  Can anyone recommend particularly good articles on the issue of
the hypothesized molten globule, and the evidence for particular
stable structures throughout intermediate states of the folding

 More to the point, is there an article/result that you find
very compelling, for or against the view that secondary
structures remain stable even after partial (heat) denaturation
and dehydration?

 (I saw an excellent talk by Michael Levitt of Stanford a couple
years ago, on some very interesting and relevant molecular dynamics
simulations he did.... but I haven't found a "paper trail" on these

  Thanks very much.  I'll be glad to forward or post a summary if
anyone is interested.

Evan W. Steeg (416) 978-5182              steeg at
Dept of Computer Science                  steeg at
University of Toronto,
Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4