Molten Globule

David S. Gottfried gottfrie at aecom.yu.edu
Mon Dec 13 10:48:29 EST 1993

>  Can anyone recommend particularly good articles on the issue of
>the hypothesized molten globule, and the evidence for particular
>stable structures throughout intermediate states of the folding
>process?

Try looking at the articles (over the last 10 years or so) by Oleg
Ptitsyn.  Also there are a couple of reviews by Kim and Baldwin that
have appeared in Ann. Rev. Biophys. Biomolec. Structure.  These should
point you in the right direction of actual results which stress the
existence of early 2ndary structure elements in the folding process.
Not to toot my own horn, but I have a recent paper which explores the
existence of long range interactions in a highly denatured protein
(Biochemistry 31, 12353 (1992)).