modems and sperm

Robert C. Colgrove robin at cco.caltech.edu
Wed Dec 29 15:54:52 EST 1993

A few days ago, I first saw a new modem add displaying a striking
scanning electron micrograph of a herd of sperm in full charge; the
implication being that their modems were real fast just like the
little wiggler that managed to become half of you.  Cute, I thought,
but biologically a bit naive. I sent them the following letter (and
received today a totally deadpan "thankyou for your input blah blah"
response). I thought bionauts might better appreciate it...