Registering in the MOO

David Steffen steffen at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Feb 1 16:56:54 EST 1993

Samuel M. Scheiner writes:
>A quick observation based on my visit to BioMOO.  I found an
>error in David's otherwise very helpful instructions.  When
>I tried to register by typing: @register .....
>I got back a message to the effect that I was not from around
>here and had to register by sending a message to nop at theory.....
>(I failed to record the exact message, but that was the gist.)
>Now, I am not sure if this problem is general, or peculiar in
>some fashion to me.  For example, I gave my bitnet address,
>rather than an Internet address because I do not know the
>latter.

A couple of thoughts about this:

1) I think the command as I have written it works sometimes.

2) I think it requires a valid Internet email address - I think the
absence of that is what the error message was reporting.

3) I am not a MOO expert, so I might be wrong.

4) The MOO is a work in progress and thus is sometimes flakey.  Trying
again later sometimes works.

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!

--
David Steffen
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX 77030
Internet = steffen at bcm.tmc.edu