CALL FOR DISCUSSION: BNFNET-L transfer to BIOSCI.

Wed Feb 3 19:04:22 EST 1993

> >Proposed USENET name: bionet.biology.n2-fixation
> >E-mail address: BNFNET-L
>
> 	Regarding the usenet name for the group. We were not all that
> 	happy with .n2-fixation  A few alternatives were proposed.
>
> 	1) .nif	2) .n2fix  3) .nitfix  4) .bnfnet
>
> 	Most of them are acronyms wich are well known to the nif community
> 	Short and simple was deemed to be the best, with no confusion
> 	between minus (-) and underscore (_)

Rob,

	Jackie should send me the final USENET name proposal before
the call for votes on the 8th.  My only concern about brevity is that
it loses meaning to outsiders (what is "nitfix?" sounds like putting
cooties in formaldehyde 8-), but this is your (i.e., the BNFNET
readers) discussion group, so please take your pick.

Dave