Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at
Thu Feb 4 10:57:22 EST 1993

In <1993Feb3.130315.699 at> seb1005 at (Steven Brenner) writes:

[much good stuff deleted]

>Actually, I would argue that the very REASON that you don't see source
>code being distributed widely enough is that there it CAN'T be patented.

What about the lawsuits Apple filed against other developers of GUI's?
Or, similar, the lawsuits filed by Lotus against developers of
spreadsheets? As far as I remember, they had not patented their stuff
but claimed something like "intellectual property", but I am not sure.
Then I remember a posting by Richard Stallman lurking on the net
which warned from (?) the dangers of software patenting.

Just some thoughts...

[more stuff deleted]
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at (Internet)   HAS CHANGED!!  */
/*        NO WIN/X400 MAIL POSSIBLE AT THE MOMENT!                         */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (R. Dawkins / anonymous)     */