elephants & E.coli

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Thu Feb 4 14:20:09 EST 1993

Eric C. Kofoid <kofoid at bioscience.utah.edu> writes:

>Can someone help me with the famous Monod quote, the gist of which is
>that there is very little difference between and elephant and E.coli at
>the molecular level? I need the original French, a good English
>translation and the reference.

Hello Eric,

the reference is probably "Le hasard et la necessite" (Chance and
Necessity).  I have it at home, it shouldn't take me long to find it.
I have it in French, and I should manage the translation  ;-)

If I forget, please remind me,

regards,

francis