Monod quote - last desperate attempt!

Eric C. Kofoid kofoid at bioscience.utah.edu
Wed Feb 10 12:02:52 EST 1993

I am making a last desperate attempt to find the Monod quote, the gist of
which is that there is very little difference between and elephant and
E.coli at the molecular level? I need the original French, a good English
translation and the reference, or any subset thereof. It doesn't appear
be in "Chance and Necessity" and I can't find it cited in "Phage and the
Origins of Molecular Biology", the two books in which I was *sure* I had
originally found it!

Cheers,

Eric