Help for a layman

David Johnston ab158 at
Wed Feb 10 17:28:37 EST 1993

	I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, here, but maybe someone
can help me out.  I regularly use Procion MX fabric dyes.  The
manufacturer tells me that in powder form, these dyes can cause
respiratory reactions similar to asthma, but are not dangerous in liquid
form.  I don't want to take their word for it.  Another source has told me
that the dyes are used in experiments to bind enzymes and other cellular
structures, and this indicates a potentially serious health risk.  I'm
looking for info on what sort of risk this is, and how I can protect
myself from it.

*      Dave Johnston                 *       Is it littering to throw      *
*  ab158 at         *         money on the ground?        *