Usage: enzymic vs enzymatic

Marc Roussel mroussel at
Thu Feb 11 17:45:05 EST 1993

     I have, in different places and at different times, seen both
"enzymic" and "enzymatic" used as the adjectivial construction of the
noun "enzyme".  Is there a difference in usage between these two words?
If not, which do you prefer?  (If you answer this last question, please
tell me also where you learned your technical English.  I would like to
know if there is any geographic variability in this particular bit of
usage.)  I will summarize to this newsgroup all email responses I receive.

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel at