CALL FOR DISCUSSION: DROSOPHILA/bionet.drosophila

ww40 William_D_WARREN at UMAIL.UMD.EDU
Tue Feb 16 18:54:00 EST 1993

>We have received a proposal for a new newsgroup, DROSOPHILA/bionet.drosophila.
>
>Proposed USENET name: bionet.drosophila
>E-mail address: DROSOPHI

The Drosophila community is very large and would undoubtedly benefit by the
formation of this newsgroup.

I only have a suggestion - about the proposed E-mail address - From the above
excerpt I gather that to post to the newsgroup from the US one would send to:
drosophi at net.bio.net (I presume that this was chosen because Drosophila
is longer than the 8 character maximum).

Might I suggest that it be merely dros at net.bio.net since most of
the drosophila community regularly abbreviates Drosophila to
Dros anyway.

William D. WARREN
Center for Agricultural Biotechnology
University of Maryland at College Park