RACE magic?

ROGER at BIO.TAMU.EDU ROGER at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Thu Feb 18 09:56:52 EST 1993

Hi chaps,
Anyone out there had much luck with "RACE" technology?
We're trying to get the 5' end of the message of interest. Production
of cDNA is fine, and the poly A tailing seems ok too...but the PCR
bit is driving me absolutely nuts! We're using a T7 primer with 18
T's at it's 3' end and a variety of internal primers. Results are
either nothing at all (controls are fine) or smears on the gel
between 100-1000bp.
Is there a trick to this that has so far eluded me? Any advice will
be welcomed.
(Apologies if this is the wrong group, but it's the only address I've
got).

Thanks in advance,
                Rog.