general biology college book

Herman Hillebrand hermanh at bio.vu.nl
Fri Feb 19 03:06:46 EST 1993

We investigate in our faculty the possibility to introduce a general
book on biology for our students. It is intended for the first year
at the university for a study in Biology and Medical Biology.
At the moment we are considering the books of
Campbell and of Keeton/Gould. We consider both to have a
somewhat low starting level, probably because of differences
between our highschool level and that of the US.
Has anybody of you suggestions of other books that could be
considered?