How does an innocent scientist learn that bionet exists?

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Sun Feb 21 17:03:29 EST 1993

kristoff at NET.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) writes:

> 	Is this comment from the people you talk with based on
> their personal experience of bionet, i.e., they tried it and gave up,
> or just a general impression that they acquired somewhere.  If the
> latter, I'd be curious to know why they came to this idea.

It is the later, but I think it comes from computer_phobia, and they
don't want to bother to deal with this fear.

> I have a set of overheads that I use.  They are in MS Word for the Mac
> format.  If you would like a copy, just let me know.  If there is
> enough demand, I can put them up for FTP.

I would very much like to see them.  You can deposit them at my ftp
site if you like (ftp.biol.mcgill.ca, aka monod.biol.mcgill.ca and
aka 132.206.106.240) in the incoming directory.

<< a word of warning for the FTP enthusiasts, this /incoming directory is
   write only, so you cannot pick up Dave's overheads from here ...
   at this time 8)  >>

many thanks,

francis