How does an innocent scientist learn that bionet exists?

Sun Feb 21 16:58:16 EST 1993

> do Usenet/BIOSCI articles have an "accession number"?  Something that
> can be used for this type of referencing? Something that be used by
> both the Usenet and list_served people.  I think this topic probably
> belongs to another bionet group (bionet.journals.note?).

There has been discussion of this on the bionet.journals.note
newsgroup previously.  I include two suggestions below.  Others have
also been put forward for consideration.

> >[3] Make some eye-catching "BIOSCI" T-shirts and wear it in the lab,
> >    at the meeting, and on the beach, of course...
> Maybe we should start by sending T-shirt designs to Dave K. and he
> will see what he gets, if there is something good, he can put it at
> some FTP site (in GIF or some other format), and people can see if it
> is good, and maybe a group of people can "contribute" for the making
> of such a thing!

I don't know how many people would actually take the time to do such a
thing, but I'll be happy to put anything up for FTP on if
they come in.  If we get more than one, we can have yet another vote