Readership Report

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Sun Feb 21 15:04:27 EST 1993

zxmkr08 at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

>2) Why should I answer questions for other people (needs only time)?

>What would you answer to the second question?

In a way, I think it is good that not _all_ people who read bionet post
to bionet ...  I think that would be _too_ much.  So, you don't have to
answer a query, if you see a post.  some of us will, and we all gain from
it ...  eventually you give back.

What most people can get from it is the answers to the questions they
didn't ask, but somebody else did.  It takes a while before you post your
first article.  What happens is that you end up being part of a group of
people, and you want to contribute.  So you tell a new user that they do
the Usenet thing for the information they will get out of it ... not that
they will have to participate ...  this will come naturely

regards,

francis