Acknowledgement of Bionet

Tue Feb 23 15:44:25 EST 1993

> >P.S. - in line with the upcoming Clinton speech tonight:  "Ask not
> >what your network can do for you ... ask what you can do for your
> >network!"
>
> I'm in the process of writing a paper on some work which benefitted
> greatly from Bionet.  Do you have a preferred phrase of acknowledgement ?
> The people at Daresbury like "This work benefitted from the Seqnet
> facility at Daresbury."
>
> A reply by email or to bionet.general would be fine.
>

> Thanks
>
> Andrew  Henry
> bspahh at gdr.bath.ac.uk

Something like the following would be appreciated:

We acknowledge the use of the BIOSCI electronic newsgroup network,
supported in Europe by the Seqnet facility at Daresbury, U.K. and in
the U.S. by the National Science Foundation with contributions from
DOE and NIH.

I'd also appreciate a reprint or preprint, if available, to include
with my progress report to NSF later this year.  I include my regular
mailing address below.

				Dr. David Kristofferson
				IntelliGenetics, Inc.
				700 E. El Camino Real
				Mountain View, CA 94040
				USA

I should also thank you for offering to do this.  BIOSCI has been
running for many years now, and this is the first such offer that I
have *ever* received.  Given the volume on the methods newsgroup alone
at a minimum, I am surprised that more people have not found it to be
of use ;-).  If this was standard practice, then I would have had an
answer to the Science person who challenged me to document cases of
BIOSCI contributing to significant research.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net