A grand total of 21 responses = FINIS / bionet.genome.chromosomes?

Ken Fasman ken at library.welch.jhu.edu
Fri Feb 26 18:10:21 EST 1993

In article <Feb.23.10.25.29.1993.11209 at net.bio.net>, kristoff at net.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes:

|> Even the news of the impending shutdown of this newsgroup was not
|> sufficient to generate more than 21 responses over a two week period.
|> I also see that Ken Fasman from GDB does not favor the idea of rolling
|> this group into the GDB group.  I am willing to put out a proposal for
[...remainder deleted...]

Even though I stated that I *preferred* two groups (one for general mapping
discussions, one for GDB), I also stated that the GDB group was unmoderated
and that we would not prevent or actively discourage general discussions of
human chromosome mapping there.  If the users of this newsgroup do not wish
it to continue as a more general group, or cannot muster the necessary
support, GDB will be *very* happy to have any such discussions move to the
bionet.molbio.gdb (GDB) group.  PLEASE feel free to use it for that purpose if
you cannot develop an alternative based on the current group.

Ken Fasman, Ph.D.
Deputy Director of Informatics
Genome Data Base
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
2024 E. Monument St.
Baltimore MD  21205

ken at library.welch.jhu.edu