Edge Detection And Segmentation Using Khoros And PV-WAVE

Ahmed Nadeem anadeem at ampere.alt.graphics.pixutils
Wed Jan 27 02:20:09 EST 1993

Netters,
        I am currently working on a research project that involves generating
solid or geometric models from MRI images. Part of the procedure will require
me to possibly perform Thresholding & Edge Detection on my MRI images in order
to find out which pixels lie on boundaries between two different regions.
Thus, I would like to have an Image Processing Software package that has good
Edge Detection and Classification ( Segmentation ) modules/routines.
        I have heard a lot about Khoros ( University Of New Mexico) and
PV-WAVE (Precision Visuals) and was curious if other professionals or students
had any experience on how good they are for the above purposes. Suggestions
on other software packages are also much welcome.
                                                       Thanks,
                                                              Ahmed Nadeem