ATCC online catalogues

Dan Jacobson danj at
Tue Jul 13 12:53:32 EST 1993

In article <21s3ed$r6e at> mliberto at (Muriel Liberto) writes:
>Hello fellow bionetters!  I need some help finding access to the ATCC
>online catalogues.  I understand that searches of these catalogues are
>availble via internet, but I don't know where or how to access.  If anyone
>can point me to a useful gopher server I would appreciate it !
>Thank you.

You can access a subset of the ATCC data via the internet:

Internet access to subset of catalogue data at AMERICAN TYPE CULTURE COLLECTION

Information describing reagents for molecular biological research (clones,
vectors, recombinant libraries, transformation hosts, and
oligonucleotides) distributed by the ATCC is now accessible on the Internet
using IRX.

For more information, send an e-mail request to help at

If you are familiar with IRX, you can try the system directly by telnetting
to the ATCC computer (telnet and answering the username prompt
with the word <search> and the password prompt with the word <common>.

more is comming.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at