Microscopes in Jurassic Park

charles francis delwiche cdelwich at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Jul 28 16:14:17 EST 1993

>In article <234p36INN8g9 at gap.caltech.edu>
>robin at cco.caltech.edu (Robert C. Colgrove) writes:

>>I am trying to remember the scenes where the microscope are used
>>but don't remember anything jumping out at me.
>>Maybe they were using an inverted scope noninverted...
>>I dunno.
>>Any guesses?

Well, what I noticed was that the ocular heads were on backwards.  As
I recall this was the case both in the trailer at the dig in South
Dakota (?) and in the laboratory in "Jurassic Park" itself.  So my
question is: was that the only problem, or did other people notice
other things?  Like for example, were the condensers in the right
position?  I didn't pay any attention to that (I was there to see the
dinosaurs after all...)

Chuck Delwiche
--
Charles F. Delwiche       |  'O Oysters, come and walk with us!'
Dept. Biology, I.U.       |      The Walrus did beseech.