being recrutied unawares vs. being intimidated out of the discussion

Michael Holloway mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:33:38 EST 1993

In article <CAu17L.KJq at proteon.com> jmf at proteon.com (Jeffrey M. Fried) writes:

>Yes, but because there are excesses on both sides; decisions and the debate
>preceeding them keep both sides honest.

If you had seen my previous posts you'd have known this request was coming.
Briefly, I'll explain why I'm asking.  Within some segments of academia, it
is automatically assumed that when there is one extreme opinion there must
be a counter-balanced opinion on the other side.  An insistance in applied
eastern philosophy I guess.  Very often, of course, this is not the case.
Within the slander bag of animal "rights" propaganda there is no end
of "extremes" to which the cruel researcher will go.  This is probably
not the stuff to which you were referring but I'm still left in the dark
as to what examples you were referring to.  Could you expand on that?

Mike