GenBank database on Internet?

Dan Jacobson danj at
Tue Jun 1 10:28:39 EST 1993

In article <1993May29.060750.9183 at> rcuevas at (Ramon 'Jammin' Cuevas) writes:
>Hi. I'm new to this Usenet group, and obviously have no knowledge
>of whether this question has (ever) been addressed. Is there any site
>on the Internet that contains the GenBank database (the database
>of nucleotide sequences)? I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
>Ramon F. Cuevas
>rcuevas at

Would you like to - search it for words contained in the annotation
to retrieve sequences of interest, search genbank for sequences similar
to sequences that you have in hand, retrieve the entire database ...?

You can do all of these over the network.  Tell us what you'd like to
do and we'll tell you how to do it :-).

Dan Jacobson

danj at