?End of Internet as we know it

Thomas Chimento chimento at ursa.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 2 11:55:51 EST 1993

In article <1ubppl$g6s at max.physics.sunysb.edu>, mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Holloway)   Ok, so
|> maybe I'm spoiled.  Maybe I should be paying for this somehow but the fact of
|> the matter is I can't and I'm sure many people are in the same boat.  I don't
|> understand why in turning over the NREN to commercial interests the NSF
|> necessarily has to abandon research users.  Can't they subsidize university
|> usage?  Can't they make a deal with the new landlords to give academic
|> centers special rates?
|>
|> Mike

Cant someone please give me for free what I want and make someone else pay
for it? Afterall, I'm special. I'm poor. I only have a University position
that pays more than most jobs in the country. Whine, whine, whine.

If the service remains good, or as they claim, improves. If the charges are
not high, as they claim, then the expansion of the Internet to all schools,
hospitals and libraries is a timely improvement. Fight to keep the system
growing and the costs reasonable, but stop being so selfserving and selfish.

Thomas